Public Sector Services
The University of Copenhagen makes its researchers extensive knowledge available to both national and international authorities in the form of research-based public-sector services.
Through public-sector services the university helps to make sure that elected and civil servants have the opportunity to make decisions based on current, reliable, impartial and relevant knowledge
The University of Copenhagen has a high academic breadth and is part of a wide range of research-based public sector collaboration. The principals may be ministries, agencies, international organisations, regions, municipalities etc.
What is involved in working with public-sector bodies?
The University of Copenhagen's public sector services include, among other things:
- Major contracts to supply research-based public-sector services in the form of advice and sector-related research
- Large and small advisory assignments in the form of reports, memoranda, assessment of applications, etc.
- Participation in councils, boards, commissions and committees
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences (SUND) and Faculty of Science (SCIENCE) at UCPH have written a manual on the faculties’ quality assurance of research-based consultancy. The manual is updated annually.
The manual describes, among other things:
- Management's responsibility in relation to research-based consultancy
- Implementation of the quality management system for scientific advice on faculty, department and project level
- Available support functions
The manual should support and guide management and researchers when conducting research-based consultancy and form the basis of a systematic dialogue between the faculty management team, the department management team and the researchers.